Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm Not That Impressed

"The Office of Naval Research has been working away on a suite of futuristic weapons, but it's hard to think of anything that could out-gun its free-electron laser, which by the mid 2020s, should be capable of slicing straight through 2,000 feet of steel every second."

So I toil away, homeless, alone and hungry, while the US Navy is touting the fact that they developed a weapon my Empire had years ago. In fact, long, long ago. I know the rebels stole the plans for the Death Star, but its not like we didn't have a few copies too, and as the leader of the project, I saw them a couple times. I also built a droid and a pod-racer before age 10, so I am pretty sure I could handle explaining how to build a fancy little laser that blows up planets. So US Navy, before you blow your whole budget on figuring out how to attach that giant laser to an orbiting, moon-sized space station, give me a call. I have a couple insights and I will work for cheap. Especially if you let me use the laser on weekends to settle a few scores. Coming for you Yoda.

Via

No comments:

Post a Comment