Thursday, February 17, 2011

Picture Breakdown: Star Wars Wedding

There is so much wrong going on here, I just don't even know where to begin.

1. Why would this guy chose Admiral Ackbar as the character to portray on the most important day of his life.  Really? Some secondary Star Wars character who only appears in one movie? Maybe aim a little higher? Try Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker, even Han Solo would be alright. You are dressed as a human sized crustacean that looks like he should be cut up and brought to a lobster bake.  I mean, your kids are already going to think you were a huge loser, so why not pick a character casual fans will at least recognize and respect.

2. I guess even Slave Leia can become a registered justice of the peace these days, but needless to say, that does not do a lot to class up the proceedings. Good news is, with that mask the groom can secretly stare at her exposed chest while he promises to protect his new wife in sickness and in health.

3. Is the bride in some kind of a terrible Leia costume? It doesn't even look like it to me, I think she may be attempting to opt out of the Star Wars theme here. Newsflash, if your husband is dressing up in a rubber Admiral Ackbar mask and your minister is Slave Leia, wearing the nice white dress you dreamt about as young girl isn't convincing anyone you got married in a nice traditional, white wedding.

4. At least they found a pine tree for the middle of their altar to provide a brown, rather dull background. Nobody would want flowers or a nice sunset ruining the Forest Moon of Endor theme they've got going, so good for them.

Don't get me wrong, I wish these two the best, my marriage worked out great and I'm sure yours will too.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Lord of the Sith, I guess the Bride (not the Tarantino one, but the one in the pic) is wearing a dress trying to resemble Mon Mothma, either the other SW female she could think of or the secret lover of Ackbar in a discarded script by Lucas/fanfic. Still, I agree with you, weird choices all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the groom is trying to send his bride a message by being Admiral Ackbar on their wedding day: "It's a trap!"

    ReplyDelete