Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Empire Strikes Back Was Mostly Lies


From 10 Things You Didn't Know About The Empire Strikes Back

Yoda was originally named Buffy. No, really. In Lucas’ earliest outlines for the sequel, Luke meets a supernatural entity named Buffy, or Bunden Debannen.

I could not be less surprised, that little pussy was going to have a girls name, and Buffy? He couldn't even slay a Vampire, let alone fight a Sith.

Darth Vader would have had a castle. And it would have been an evil fortress — in some versions, it’s surrounded by lava, and full of gargoyles who are Vader’s pets.

This would have been sweet. I wish he had shown how sweet my life really was, cause those gargoyles were at my beck and call, just getting my Bud Lights and Nachos whenever I wanted.

Vader wasn’t Luke’s father at first. In Leigh Brackett’s first script draft, Luke meets his real dad, who says he sent away Luke and his secret sister for their own safety. (Luke’s sister has been training to be a Jedi knight in secret, just as Luke has.) And Papa Skywalker administers the oath of a Jedi Knight to Luke, in which Ben, Minch, Anakin and Luke cross lightsabers, and Luke swears to “dedicate my life to the cause of freedom and justice.”
 
So you are saying I need a paternity test?

1 comment:

  1. On the next Maury...

    Darth Vader... You are NOT the father...
    Obi-Wan Kenobi... You are NOT the father...
    Jar-Jar Binks... You ARE the father.

    Padme was a ho.

    ReplyDelete